Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Life Update

So, it has been a while since I last "blogged". Actually its been a month today! Sorry. The truth is I have really not been doing anything that interesting! No near-death experiences, no near-life experiences (to quote some movie I can't remember the name of...). But here is what I have been doing:
On Saturday I took a drive down to Cape Point, a huge national park at the point of the peninsula. This is an amazing area, beautiful and steeped in history. The Cape of Good Hope is where Vasco da Gama discovered a trade route with India, and since then it has been a stop for almost every ship that has sailed East since 1500! That aside, its also the meeting point of the Indian & Atlantic Oceans (The picture above is the Indian Ocean, the one at the top of the post is the Atlantic...)
This bad boy is the husband and father of the Ostriches pictured below, I never realised how cute a baby Ostrich is! and how scary a big make is when his beak is 10cm away from your head! Luckily there was a car between us, lucky for the Ostrich, I would have gone jackie chan on his... never mind.
Cape Point also has Zebra & Baboons. The Baboons are renowned, they can smell food, even if its in your car and they know how to open cars, get the food and close the door again! So you must lock your car, from the Baboons...

Apart from a day out at Cape Point, I have mainly just been working, and working, and working! There has been lots happening at work, so lots of overtime there, and I've been well into my studies, so lots of work there! AND, I'm slowly getting through 8 seasons of Scrubs. I know, I know, I got the life, but its nice sometimes to just put your head down and work...

Oh, Oh, and in about 20 mins, I will know if I have mastered the illusive Carrot Cake! Watch out Banana Loaf, your next!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment